mount points and inetd

ok, I read the thread from a week or so ago, but that's not
quite what I'm seeing....

I'm working on a clean install here of the latest, dated 7 Sept.
2000 (cygwin 1.1.4). before this install there has been NO cygnus
product on this machine (NT was recently scratch installed, again)
If I start bash up via the cygwin icon, the mount table looks like
this:

c:\cygwin\bin	/usr/bin	user	textmode
c:\cygwin\lib	/usr/lib	user	textmode
c:\cygwin	/		user	textmode
d:\		/data		user	textmode

At this point everything is good. So now I setup inetd.conf and test
it out, still good, so I install it as a service. At this point I can
restart my machine, login and start bash, see the mount table, start
inetd, still see the mount table, everything is happy. So I set it up
as an autostarted service. Opps, next reboot I see the two copies of
inetd.exe running, but nothing works, so I open a bash shell and
something just seems wrong... check the mount table and it's empty.

As long as there is a cygwin binary loaded (iow the cygwin1.dll is
pinned in memory) then the mount table is empty (I can add to it, but
it doesn't have the defaults it should have), but once I exit everything
then the next cygwin binary to load (i.e. start a new bash shell)
will cause it to be initialized correctly.

I don't *think* this is a user id issue, because if I set inetd to
be a manually started service, then put a bat file in my startup folder
which does net start inetd I see the same thing. My current work around
is to use a shell script instead of a bat file as sh.exe seems to properly
initialize the table, then inetd.exe pins it in memory.

thoughts?