Re: libtooldl

On Tue, Sep 19, 2000 at 07:26:05PM +1100, Robert Collins wrote:
>If I understand the dlopen issue correctly, no software that uses
>LoadLibrary() directly will work properly under cygwin due to MS wierdness?

LoadLibrary doesn't work correctly with fork().  That's it.  It's not MS
weirdness, really.  Microsoft surely didn't anticipate cygwin fork().

>so libtooldl (or whatever the libtool dl functions are prefixed with) won't
>work properly as they use LoadLibrary().

Sounds like it.

>I think that either LoadLibrary() should not be accessible from cygwin, or a
>wrapper should be written. (Sorry Chris, I'll just speak up and suggest
>_more_ work for you shall I?)

I'm not going to write a wrapper and I am certainly not going to eliminate
LoadLibrary().

As always, if someone else wants to do this, however, I'll gladly look into
a patch.  Writing a wrapper for LoadLibrary will be pretty tricky, though.

cgf