strange script behavior with cygwin 1.0 bash

Hi all,

I'm using bash 2.03 that came with the cygwin 1.0 distribution and am unable
to run shell scripts that contain blank lines, I'm guessing because the
files were created with a dos/windows editor that uses CRLF instead of LF.
Every blank line produces the error message ": command not found", which
leads me to believe it is a CRLF/LF problem.  The same scripts work fine,
however, with bash in the cygwin beta 20 and cygwin 1.1 releases, and I have
been using --norc and --noprofile options with the cygwin 1.0 bash which
doesn't seem to help.  Anyone seen this behavior before?

arlen