Re: sig_send: wait for sig_complete event failed

On Tue, Sep 19, 2000 at 06:10:35PM +0100, Mortimer, Andy wrote:
>Hi Chris/list,
>
>Chris Faylor writes:
>>On Fri, Sep 15, 2000 at 12:01:52PM +0100, Mortimer, Andy wrote:
>>>1184486202 [sig] bash 28849 sig_send: wait for sig_complete
>>> event failed, sig 11, rc 258, Win32 error 0
>>
>>I don't know what is causing this but I can see that there is
>>apparently a SIGSEGV in cygwin's signal handling thread.
>>
>>I've made a change to recent snapshots which will cause cygwin to core
>>dump in this situation rather than try to send a signal to itself which
>>is never caught.
>>
>>If you have the time, please try out a snapshot.
>
>As noted in another message, the latest snapshots didn't work for me,
>but I've applied just the patch referred to here and it has indeed
>stopped the hang.  Thanks, Chris! Now, I'm just left with the problem
>of bash segfaulting inside Cygwin's signal handling thread ...  ;-)

Are you saying that you took the changes from the snapshot, applied them
to 1.1.4 sources, and rebuilt a DLL?

Unfortunately, I can't decipher a snapshot if you're using a home grown
DLL unless you're willing to tell me what all of the 6100* addresses
resolve to symbolically.

For that you can use 'addr2line' or gdb.

Btw, the argv[0] problem should be fixed in the next snapshot.

cgf