From: Earnie Boyd [mailto:earnie_boyd@yahoo.com]
Sent: Thursday, September 21, 2000 4:31 PM
To: Josh Schulte; 'Charles S. Wilson'
Cc: 'cygwin@sourceware.cygnus.com'
Subject: RE: Bug Report: CVS often fails in scripts under Cygwin

--- Josh Schulte <jschulte@equilibrium.com> wrote:
> Chuck,
>
> Are you on win2k or nt 4?

Why does this matter?  You and I have already determined, hours ago, that
your
problem with the script is \r\n line endings.

*

Well since cvs is trying to open a file name foo\r and since foo\r is an
illegal filename for Win32; then, you don't want \r\n line endings.  Have
you
updated you Cygwin recently?  IIRC, both ash and bash were modified to read
script files in text mode so that these problems don't occur.

To modify your file you can:
  cp foo.sh foo.tmp
  tr -d '\r' < foo.tmp > foo.sh
  rm foo.tmp