install:: full/part button can't tell???

Hello,

I click the full/part button I see a screen flash -
but that's the only way I know anything has changed.
Can you guys put a disabled editbox with a number showing
how many items are being installed?
Luckily someone put text at the bottom of the dialog
explaining exp/cur/pre.

Maybe someone could put a explaination for what
full/part is doing. This is my first time using your
installer and there is confusion to what the purpose of
the full/part button would do.  I used the installer after
using it once, and then the full/part button showed a huge
 difference. So, the first time user situation may need a
disabled full/part button since it appears to do
nothing(the list length appears the same)