tcgetattr problem

I'm havving problems compiling code that uses the function 'tcgetattr' (and others)

The code is correct, it compiles and works under linux, but when I compile it under cygwin (version 1.1.1 I think) it fails with linker failures, stating that 'tcgetattr' and other functions aren't found.  The function is stated in termios.h, as are others that the code uses, but only some of the functions aren't found by the linker.

I searched the archives, but found nothing relevant, but this may indicate a silly newbie error,

Any help would be appreciated.

Peter.

Peter Eccles
Computer Systems Engineering (4th year)