Re: [BASH] Backtick problem still NOTsolved!! (Win95b/CW1.1.4)

From: "Corinna Vinschen" <vinschen@cygnus.com>

> Unfortunately I don't have a solution for you. Deadkeys are broken
> on W95 with german keyboard. This is documented by Microsoft in their
> knowledge base, case Q140456:
>
> http://support.microsoft.com/support/kb/articles/Q140/4/56.asp

Read.

So CYGWIN was developed using M$ Win32 SDK?
Ah this is news for me... :)

Well HOW COULD YOU DARE...!!
*grin*

> They don't have a solution for that problem either, except for
> noting: "This problem was corrected in Windows 2000."

Easily said.
Maybe replacing a few dlls fixes the problem but MS doesn't  tell
which dll they enhanced to make DK work.

> In W95 with german keyboard, it returns _always_ ASCII
> code [corrected] 0x20 when pressing backtick as well
> as the following space, unfortunately.
>
> However, as a workaround you might think of installing inetd so that
> telnetd works on your machine.

hehe...what an ugly workaround ;)

Well as I can finally *define* the actual problem, I can even try to install
an
US KEYBOARD LAYOUT on my W95 where  I can switch between
[USA] and [GER].

However, I'm afraid I need a little more information:

*Which* keyboard layout? The one I set in Win32 or the one I set via
KEYB.COM when *booting up* Win95?

In the latter case, I only would have to *comment out* my KEYB GR
line. But I *think* I tested this already and it didn't work either.
However I'm not absolutely sure.

Corinna,
Thanks so much for your labourous efforts,

 :-)
Andreas