libdb.a?

I tried to compile the C hooks for a Perl CPAN module named MD5 and it failed,
initially because it need sys/ipc.h and sys/sem.h, which I got from cygipc.

But now it fails because it needs libdb.a and I dont know what this is.

Any help is appreciated.

<<Disclaimer>>

This message is intended only for the use of the Addressee and may contain
information that is PRIVILEGED and/or CONFIDENTIAL or both.

This email is intended only for the personal and confidential use of the
recipient(s) named above.

If the reader of this email is not an intended recipient, you have received this
email in error and any review, dissemination, distribution or copying is
strictly prohibited.

If you have received this email in error, please notify the sender immediately
by return email and permanently delete the copy you received.

Thank you.