Re: getopts missing with latest cygwin

> The "ash maintainer" is either me or Corinna.  FWIW, I don't plan on
> changing this.  I want ash to be small and fast when running configure
> scripts.  I've stripped ash down to support only the minimal set of
> functionality found in older versions of UNIX.  I use the /bin/sh on
> Digital UNIX 3.2 as a reference.

You might as well use the V7 sh man page as your reference, since the
version you're using provides little more.  Does the cygwin sh support
shell functions?  (Those weren't in v7.)

> FYI, getopts can also be a separate program although we don't supply it
> with cygwin, currently.

No, it can't.  A separate program cannot propagate the changes to
$OPTIND and $OPTARG back to the parent shell.

( ``Discere est Dolere'' -- chet)

Chet Ramey, CWRU    chet@po.CWRU.Edu    http://cnswww.cns.cwru.edu/~chet/