Re: ftpd - works but directory listings are blank

Richard Stanton wrote:

> I have all the latest cygwin stuff installed, including sshd, ftpd, etc, and
> all are running fine except for one thing. Running ftpd from inetd, I can
> connect to my PC, and download/upload files. All very good, except that I
> CAN'T get a directory listing. It tells me it's giving me a listing, but
> nothing ever actually appears on the screen. Here's a sample session:
>
> ftp> cd /
> 250 CWD command successful.
> ftp> dir
> 200 PORT command successful.
> 150 Opening ASCII mode data connection for '/bin/ls'.
> 226 Transfer complete.
> ftp> lcd /scratch
> Local directory now /scratch
> ftp> ascii
> 200 Type set to A.
> ftp> put #mktex.cnf#
> 200 PORT command successful.
> 150 Opening ASCII mode data connection for '#mktex.cnf#'.
> 226 Transfer complete.
> 174 bytes sent in 0 seconds (174 bytes/s)
> ftp> dir
> 200 PORT command successful.
> 150 Opening ASCII mode data connection for '/bin/ls'.
> 226 Transfer complete.
> ftp> ls
> 200 PORT command successful.
> 150 Opening ASCII mode data connection for '/bin/ls'.
> 226 Transfer complete.
> ftp>
>
> Does anyone else have this working? Any idea what I need to do to get it to
> work?

Obviously you don't have /bin/ls. Either you didn't make a standard
install or you changed /usr/bin to be a separate directory.

Assuming that you have a /usr/bin/ls you should simply create a
symlink in /bin

	ln -s /usr/bin/ls /bin/ls

If that's definitely not the problem I suggest examining the registry
key HKU/.DEFAULT/Software/Cygnus Solutions/. It might contain unwanted
mount points from an older installation.

Corinna

Cygwin Developer                        mailto:cygwin@sources.redhat.com
Red Hat, Inc.
mailto:vinschen@cygnus.com