Re: distribution suggestion

Jasmin,

I see that you would like to use MinGW to build tuxracer.  Have you
accomplished this before?  I.E. Does it work on WinNT 4 and not W2K?  Which
were you using crtdll or msvcrt?

As for just renaming Cygwin, it would use the same shared memory region.  So
this is inadvisable.

I'll suggest that the setup process ask if a previous version of Cygwin is
installed.  You could possibly search for registry entries but the keys change
from time to time depending on versioning for the registry data.  Or possibly
do something similar to cygcheck and search the directories for possible Cygwin
installations.  Never install the Cygwin1.dll in the Windows system paths,
always store it with the executable needing it if you have to install it at
all.

Cheers,
Earnie.