RE: FW: 'id' on NT/2000

Thank you, that helps a lot.

It didn't occur to me that it might not get this information out of Windows. Presumably /etc/passwd is created from the local user list when you install cygwin. My username is not local to the machine at all (it is a network id), so did not get put into passwd, and similarly when Stephen created an additional user he did not add it to /etc/passwd.

I think that is a gotcha, that ought to be mentioned somewhere!