RE: bugs in zip and bash

 I also use Outlook. It's our company standard and
it's just good enough that I haven't been motivated
to dump it.

Create a folder by selecting Folder under the
File/New menu.

Go to Rules Wizard under the Tools menu
 Create a rule by following the prompts.
You want to end up with
"Apply this rule after the message arrives
 with cygwin in the message header
 move it to the cygwin folder"

 I'm not an Outlook fan, but this is really easy.
 It is no harder to notice that you have a message in
the cygwin folder than it is to notice one in the inbox
 All your cygwin messages will now be in one place. (By
the way, I don't care for your length quoting of the
less need to do this if you have old messages neatly
sorted.)
 It takes one mouse click to get to a new mail folder,
zero clicks if you're already there.

 On the down side, you may not hate Microsoft quite as
much after you try this.