Re: Question

At 06:15 PM 10/23/2000, Jeff Lu wrote:
>I've downloaded and installed cygwin & gdbm-1.8.0.
>
>When tried to compile programs that uses dbm functions such as:
>
>gcc -o /home/jeff/getzip.cgi getzip.c utils.c -lndbm
>
>I got /usr/bin/ld: cannot find -lndbm
>
>gcc -o /home/jeff/getzip.cgi getzip.c utils.c -lgdbm
>I got errors on dbm_open, dbm_fetch etc as undefined reference
>
>Please see attached error file.
>
>This is weird.  Some dbm calls got renamed to "_imp__dbm_open" during
>compile.
>
>Thanks
>-Jeff

I know nothing about gdbm and have not installed it myself.  However, its
clear from the first error you got that -lndbm either doesn't exist or is
in the wrong location.  Look around for libndbm.a and either move it to a
know spot or add a -L path so the linker can find it.  As for the other
error about undefined references, check libgdbm.a to see if the symbols
you're looking for are actually in the library.  Assuming the package has
been ported correctly and you're using the header files that go with that
package, you shouldn't need to be concerned about the _imp prefix.