RE: latest cygwin does not track pwd?

--- "Robinow, David" <drobinow@dayton.adroit.com> wrote:
> > It's definitely 'getcwd(NULL, 0)' in Chuck's sources.
>   Also in 5.7.0 development sources.
> > I think I'll just revert the behavior.  It appears that a number of
> > packages are expecting it.
>   Is there a reason these packages can't be fixed?
>   Is 'getcwd(NULL, -1)' broken in some version?

                    The Single UNIX ® Specification, Version 2
                          Copyright © 1997 The Open Group

NAME

     getcwd - get the pathname of the current working directory

 SYNOPSIS

     #include <unistd.h>

     char *getcwd(char *buf, size_t size);

 DESCRIPTION

     The getcwd() function places an absolute pathname of the current working
directory in the array pointed to by buf, and returns buf. The
     size argument is the size in bytes of the character array pointed to by
the buf argument. If buf is a null pointer, the behaviour of getcwd() is
     undefined.

 RETURN VALUE

     Upon successful completion, getcwd() returns the buf argument. Otherwise,
getcwd() returns a null pointer and sets errno to indicate the
     error. The contents of the array pointed to by buf is then undefined.

 ERRORS

     The getcwd() function will fail if:

     [EINVAL]
          The size argument is 0.
     [ERANGE]
          The size argument is greater than 0, but is smaller than the length
of the pathname +1.

     The getcwd() function may fail if:

     [EACCES]
          Read or search permission was denied for a component of the pathname.

     [ENOMEM]
          Insufficient storage space is available.

 EXAMPLES

     None.

 APPLICATION USAGE

     If buf is a null pointer, getcwd() may obtain size bytes of memory using
malloc(). In this case, the pointer returned by getcwd() may be
     used as the argument in a subsequent call to free(). Invoking getcwd()
with buf as a null pointer is not recommended.

 FUTURE DIRECTIONS

     None.

 SEE ALSO

     malloc(), <unistd.h>.