Re: latest cygwin does not track pwd?

--- Christopher Faylor <cgf@redhat.com> wrote:
> On Wed, Nov 01, 2000 at 02:18:23PM -0500, Robinow, David wrote:
> >> It's definitely 'getcwd(NULL, 0)' in Chuck's sources.
> >  Also in 5.7.0 development sources.
> >> I think I'll just revert the behavior.  It appears that a number of
> >> packages are expecting it.
> >  Is there a reason these packages can't be fixed?
> >  Is 'getcwd(NULL, -1)' broken in some version?
>
> Not that I know of, but Corinna has pointed out that some versions of linux
> suggest that getcwd(NULL, 0) is ok and, possibly, BSD allows this
> construction.
>
> So, I think we'll be constantly responding to this on the mailing list.  I'd
> rather just "fix" cygwin.

Ahha, he's the definition we need:

The getcwd function returns an absolute file name representing the current
working directory, storing it in the character array buffer that you
     provide. The size argument is how you tell the system the allocation size
of buffer.

     The GNU library version of this function also permits you to specify a
null pointer for the buffer argument. Then getcwd allocates a buffer
     automatically, as with malloc (see section Unconstrained Allocation). If
the size is greater than zero, then the buffer is that large; otherwise, the
     buffer is as large as necessary to hold the result.

     The return value is buffer on success and a null pointer on failure. The
following errno error conditions are defined for this function:

     EINVAL
          The size argument is zero and buffer is not a null pointer.
     ERANGE
          The size argument is less than the length of the working directory
name. You need to allocate a bigger array and try again.
     EACCES
          Permission to read or search a component of the file name was denied.

---------

Sorry for the alignment, (copy and pasted).

Cheers,

=====
Earnie Boyd
mailto:earnie_boyd@yahoo.com