Re: Updated: inetutils-1.3.2-8

Hans Schlenker wrote:
> I just managed to get inetd out of cygwin-1.1.4 working! What I had to
> do manually (in addition to some of the things that are described in
> /usr/doc/Cygwin/inetutils-1.3.2.README), was:
>
> - change the registry entry
> \HKEY_USERS\.DEFAULT\SOFTWARE\Cygnus Solutions\Cygwin\mount v2\/\native
> from "C:" to "C:\Programme\cygwin"

That's not the correct way. You should eliminate all mount points from
HKEY_USERS/.DEFAULT (manually with RegEdit).

Create the right mount points as system mount points via

	mount -s ...

They are located in HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE then.

> The problem I now have: if I log in remotely, I can't change to some
> directories, like //g/, although this is possible inside a local shell.

Is G: a share or a local drive? If it's a share you should try to
connect to the share directly (cd //server/share). If that doesn't
work, try to create a new share inside of the remote connection:

	net use K: \\\\server\\share /user:username [password]

If that works and you can change to //k you will need to do this
every time you have logged in remotely. The problem is that the
credentials of your local login are unknown in the remote session.

Corinna

Cygwin Developer                        mailto:cygwin@sources.redhat.com
Red Hat, Inc.
mailto:vinschen@redhat.com