long double support in cygwin

Hello,

On trying to use cygwin development tools for the first time, I am
disappointed to find no long double support in printf or math library.
Could someone in authority please indicate what is the policy on this?
Why is it not there?  Would you put in the support if it were
available?  The math functions can be distributed independently, but
I think the important long double items to integrate into the cygwin
library would be some working printf and scanf conversions.

For those others who may need something that runs, I have updated
a previously posted function suite with a special "cygwin.mak"
makefile here:  http://moshier.ne.mediaone.net/ldouble.zip .
It does not have a printf replacement but it does include a
function to convert between digit strings and long doubles.

A search of the mailing list archive turned up what looks like
another attempt to offer long double functions, over a year ago,
as a version of mathinline.h.  Did that work lead anywhere?