Re: Puzzled by Cygwin Download and Installation

Thanks for responding.  But I must I'm still puzzled.  If I delete Cygwin B20 and its directory structure, what in the downloading of the various utilities builds a new structure and imposes a new installation?  Another way of putting this question:  What does the work formerly done by "full.exe" or "usertools.exe"?

On Sat, 18 November 2000, "Tim Prince" wrote in response to my message:

> > Questions:
> >
> > 1.  Should I just remove all my Cygwin and start from scratch?
> >
> Yes, since the directory structures are much changed, and your old stuff
> will be wasting space, or even possibly causing .dll conflicts.

Can't find what you're looking for?

The LookSmart Live! community will help you find it and reward you for helping others. http://live.looksmart.com