Re: fetchmail

"Julia A . Case" wrote:
> I downloaded the source to fetchmail and it compiled out of the box.  But
> when I went to run it, it complained that .fetchmailrc must have the
> permissions of 0710...  I tried chmod 0710 .fetchmailrc but that didn't
> change the permissions, is there a way under win98 to change the
> permissions?

Unfortunately not. You will have to patch fetchmail to ignore
permissions (the easy way) or to check if setting permissions is
possible dependent of the OS, the file system and the CYGWIN
setting (the hard way).

I did this in OpenSSH, too. If you download the sources from
latest/openssh on your favorite mirror, you will find a source file
named `cygwin_util.c' which contains a function `check_ntsec' which
manages exactly that check.

The you'll have to incorporate that function into your fetchmail
port and change the above permission check which is similar to

	if ((st.st_mode & 067) != 0)

to something like

    #ifdef CYGWIN
	if (check_ntsec (filename))