Re: failure to build Tcl8.3.2 by Cygwin on Win98

--- Mo DeJong <mdejong@cygnus.com> wrote:
> On Sat, 2 Dec 2000, Mitsuo Igarashi wrote:
>
> > I am trying to build Tcl8.3.2 in Cygwin 1.1.4
> > on Windows98 for my trainig. I am not sure that to
> > post this here is appropriate.
> >
> > The Readme of the directory of Win of the Tcl8.3.2
> > writes only building by MS C. From the Makefile.in of
> > the directory. I think Cygwin can build this.
>
> Tcl 8.3.2 does not build with Cygwin's gcc.
-8<-

There should be no reason that Cygwin's gcc is different from MinGW's gcc in
building tcl.  It was a miss configure-ation.  If you can state specifics
please do so.

> When the Tcl 8.4 release is finished,
> it should work with Cygwin.

Cool.  BTW, the unix version of both tcl and tk build with Cygwin now.

Cheers,

=====
Earnie Boyd
mailto:earnie_boyd@yahoo.com