Re: configure dies a horrible death

On Mon, Dec 04, 2000 at 06:10:02PM -0500, Charles Krug wrote:
>On Mon, Dec 04, 2000 at 12:39:48PM -0800, Earnie Boyd wrote:
>> It appears you've made a switch from text mode to binary mode.  Although,
>> package maintainers have gone to extra trouble to make sure that files that
>> \r\n line endings can be read by shells and other programs, not all can yet.
>> My guess to your problem is that you've \r\n line endings on binary mounts.
>
>Nope.
>
>I umounted the offending directories, then remounted them so they're now
>binary.  I then wiped the configure directory and unpacked the source
>archive again.  Configure still wasn't happy.  Sh was failing
>periodically saying it couldn't find a dll.
>
>I'll post the error messages next time I see them.

This is not an optional requirement.  I'm surprised that no one has
asked for this already.  Phrases like "horrible death" are probably
quite viscerally satisfying but they provide absolutely no information
towards attempting to solve problems.

I'm surprised by how many times I have to repeat this (to me) obvious
fact but then, as I've noticed before, I'm easily surprised.

cgf