Re: Access to network disks after ssh login

Again, thanks for the hints, which have sort of solved my problem.  It
provided a fun introduction to the wild and wacky world of windows
networking, which I have skated around in the past.  Corinna also had a
relevant earlier posting:

I would still say the behavior is bizarre.  If you map drive F: from
explorer at the console, you don't seem to be able to reuse the letter
F: again, ever, or at least until you've disconnected all the network
drives and restarted sshd, maybe.  But, you can use some new letters!

> net use
New connections will be remembered.

Status       Local     Remote                    Network

OK           I:        \\PHONCS0\phoncs          Microsoft Windows
Network
OK           J:        \\PHONCS0\phoncs          Microsoft Windows
Network
The command completed successfully.

When it says new connections will be remembered, it's not kidding!  For
the record,

net use '*' '\\PHONCS0\phoncs' '*' /user:phoncs

seems to usually get you reconnected, although specifying the drive
letter explicitly (the first '*") usually fails with the message:

The local device name is already in use.

I can't see how to get these letters back--even if you disconnect at the
console, it seems to me you need to reboot to recover drive letters.
Still, it kinda works....