Re: [long] Re: signals?

On Mon, Dec 11, 2000 at 11:21:05PM -0600, Chris Abbey wrote:
>ok, here I go again dredging up an OLD thread...  but I still can't
>figure this out.  We know from previous discussion in the thread that
>SIGINT is in fact what is being thrown at the process when I hit
>ctrl-break, and that the people who retained the unix "SIGQUIT" naming
>in the source code deserve to be flogged with a wet noodle.  However, I
>still feel the shell (bash) is not treating my process fairly, as it is
>not allowing it to complete the handler, but rather is killing it off
>immediately.  For java developers this renders cygwin a useless
>environment, because we can't debug our processes.
>
>At 11:56 11/13/00 -0500, Christopher Faylor wrote:
>>Dunno.  Probably, you're sending more than one CTRL-BREAK.  It works
>>fine for me.
>>
>>cgf
>
>ok, I'd ask that you (and anyone else with a couple minutes) humor me

If the "you" here is me, then I respectfully decline.

I really am not very interested in understanding what is or isn't going
wrong here.  Sorry.

If you do find anything related to the way cygwin code operates, however,
feel free to post it here and I'll review it.

And, please, if anyone else is interested in experimenting, feel free.
I just thought I would respond in case you were waiting for me to
do something.

cgf