Re: Setup problem

On Friday 15 December 2000 13:32, Pierre Muller wrote:
> I have a problem with Cygwin since one of my last update with Setup.
>
> At the end of the setup process I got the fllowing error
>
> File MKPASSWD.EXE is related to a missing export
> NETAPI32.DLL:NetApiBufferFree

Huh? This shouldn't happen with the latest version of mkpasswd
anymore. Are you sure having updated to the latest?

BTW: Regardless if mkpasswd works or not, it's not _really_ hard to
create a passwd file by using an editor...

> Because of this, the passwd file is not created and
> when I try to run Cygwin Console I get
> No user found with uid 500
>
> even if I set USER env before !
>
> Couldn't that the changed so that it at least works if USER
> is set before loading !
>
> Before that recent ? change
> but now it fails ...

Forget the env variable USER. It's never used by any of the OpenSSH
applications but only /etc/passwd.

Corinna

Red Hat, Inc.