Re: Where is h_errno?

On 17 Dec 2000, at 13:15, Corinna Vinschen wrote:

> On Sunday 17 December 2000 06:31, Stephen C. Biggs wrote:
> > When compiling a package I am getting undefined reference errors
> > for h_errno... isn't this in the cygwin library?  Or should it be
> > undef'ed out?
>
> Did you search the include files before sending this mail?
Yes I did... the only definition that resolves to something is in
w32api/winsock.h.  This doesn't work if I am trying to compile a Unix
tarball (apache).  netdb.h has an extern but only if
__INSIDE_CYGWIN_NET__

> Did you eliminate the `extern int h_errno;' line(s) when __CYGWIN__
> is defined?

What would that do?  The compile will then exit with an undefined
symbol instead of getting to the linker error.