Re: [please test] findutils-4.1

<19 Dec 2000, 12:18 Uhr wars, als Corinna Vinschen folgendes schrub:>
< Re: [please test] findutils-4.1 >

> On Tuesday 19 December 2000 00:26, Gerrit P. Haase wrote:
> > Hi Cygwinners,
> >
> > i built findutils-4.1 last night, because i got no updatedb-script
> > with the version which is included in cygwin-distribution.
>
> Gerrit,
>
> all your package files are broken. I have just talked to Michael Hirmke
> and he has removed all files from ftp.franken.de in the meantime.
>
> Could you please ftp all files to the incoming directory again? It
> looked like a ftp-binary problem. Please use binary mode for the
> file transfer.
>
> Corinna

Ooops, i tested my packages here again, seems to work, you couldn't unpack them, or were
they broken inside, after unpacking?

I thought, it is o.k. after login at ftp.franken.de, there came these messages:

ftp> open
(to) ftp.franken.de
Connected to ilsa.franken.de.
220-
     _______   /    _/  /       /  ______/ ____
      _____   /  _/    /_/     /  /      _______
       ___   /_/      /  _/   /  /___/ __________
     ____   /  _/    /    _/ /  /   ___________
   _____  _/    _/ _/      _/ _/ ____________           Kommunikationsnetz
 __________________________________________                    Franken e.V.

 Willkommen auf dem FTP-Server des KommunikationsNetz Franken e.V.

 Bei Problemen mit der Benutzung dieses Server bitte Mail an:

     ftp-admin@ftp.franken.de

 Viel Spass !
220 ProFTPD 1.2.0 Server (KNF ftp Server) [ilsa.franken.de]
Name (ftp.franken.de:Siebenschlaefer): anonymous
331 Anonymous login ok, send your complete e-mail address as password.
Password:
230 Anonymous access granted, restrictions apply.
Remote system type is UNIX.
Using binary mode to transfer files.        <<<----------------HERE!
ftp>

--