Re: AW: documentation archive

Of course, anyone is free to do anything they want and, as long as it works
well for their needs, that's fine.  However, if you do something and have a
problem and then ask the list, the first response will be to perform the
operation in the prescribed way.  This is simply to reduce the variations
and determine if the problem is in Cygwin or not.  Also, the recommendations
given are used because they are known to work.  Recommending known working
procedures and discouraging those that don't or are problematic simply cuts
down on the traffic on this list.  So feel free to use whatever tools work
for you in whatever combination you like.  If, however, you find a problem
in your procedure, please verify that it is a problem using the recommended
procedure as well before posting.  This will save us all allot of time and
effort.

In case its not clear, this response is directed at the reader of this message
as much as the poster!;-)

Thanks,