Re: Openssh 2.3.0p1 weird exec problem, cont.

On Fri, Dec 29, 2000 at 03:19:56PM -0500, bailey9@akamai.com wrote:
>  In an effort to debug the weird problem I was having when exec'ing commands
> remotely with OpenSSH 2.3.0p1, I've set up a test machine running Cygwin
> 1.1.7 and OpenSSH-20001221. I still have the problem where sshd only sends
> back the output of the command about 20% of the time. The problem only
> occurs when the command exits quickly, like say, uname -a. If I do something
> like "sleep 1; uname -a", I always get output. Debug logs actually show
> that the server returns 0 bytes when the problem is occuring. The machines
> are uniprocessor, p3 500s or better, running Win2k with SP1.
>
>  If possible Corinna, I'd like to give you access to the box- the machine
> is running Windows Terminal Server and VNC, and has all the cygwin stuff
> installed.

Sorry but that's way beyond what I can do as voluntary support.
You have the sources, strace and a debugger and you can send
debug output to the list. If it contains something helpful
which allows me to reproduce the effect (which isn't the case
here) I will surely have a look into that.

Corinna

Red Hat, Inc.