Re: new install of cygwin with pdksh doesn't work

  Earnie> --- "Larry Hall (RFK Partners, Inc)" <lhall@rfk.com> wrote:
  >>
  >> >I guess this means that the default mode for unmapped directories is
  >> >"text" on my original installation, and "binary" for the second
  >> >installation.  Since directories like "d:/dmk" (my home directory) are
  >> >not covered by the original mount table, I would get the default.
  >>
  >> You should be able to reset your default mode for unmapped drives using
  >> the --change-cygdrive-prefix setting for mount but specify the "-t" flag
  >> too.  I haven't tried this myself so I don't know if it actually works.

  Earnie> If you chose the "Everyone" radio button, add a -s to that.

  >> >So, when I install it again, if I select the "DOS" text file type, I
  >> >won't have to add this mount to get files on the "D:/" drive to use
  >> >DOS text file mode, correct?
  >>
  >> Right.
  >>
  >> >What exactly in the "cygcheck" output (or any other place, for that
  >> >matter) tells me what the default text file type is?
  >>
  >> Nothing.  cygcheck doesn't output that yet.

  Earnie> That's not true.  The output of the registry data can tell you.  0x00000020 is
  Earnie> text mode 0x00000022 is binary mode.

Sorry for needing to rehash this, but could someone tell me EXACTLY
what I need to execute to permanently change the default text file
type to DOS?  I've tried numerous variations of what's described here,
and I can't get it to work on a third installation of this (where the
user neglected to select "DOS" on the initial install).

I've tried the following:

mount -ts --change-cygdrive-prefix /cygdrive
mount -ts --change-cygdrive-prefix /d
mount -t --change-cygdrive-prefix /d

These all just echo the usage message.

After the following:

      mount -t d: /d

I get "mount: warning - /d does not exist".  Doing "mount" after this
shows a new mount entry in textmode, but running "ksh" still gets the
usual error.