Lost Screen, Prompt, & Win Program Menu Choices

Yesterday I installed Cygwin & somehow it interfered with a
separate installation of Octave for Windows (with its own Cygwin)
on the same drive.  All is well again, except that my startup screen
for Cygwin has a bash prompt rather than a prompt with
Administrator in it (as I recall.)  The previous screen had color and
looked better.  I wonder how to get it back.

I also note that when I go to the start button in Windows and click
on Cygnus Solutions there is only one alternative -- bash prompt.  I
think there used to be three or four.

I tried to run setup again to add whatever was missing, but I got a
message saying there was nothing (more) to install.

Thanks for any suggestions!

David Nordquest

David Nordquest