Re: Cygwin online availabilty

On Thu, Jan 11, 2001 at 11:23:17AM +0100, M. JULIAN wrote:
> Hello,
>
> Before the latest version of cygwin, we could download an archive
> containing a full version of cygwin - full.exe -.
>
> But now we must use install program and it seems the full archive is no
> longer available.
>
> Is there a way to have the latest cygwin version on a unique full
> archive.

Why? What's the advantage of full.exe? It's so big that a broken
conection is way more annoying than with many smaller packages
and it's much more complicated to maintain.

We want to be able to substitute single packages when they have
an error or a new version is available.

A full.exe would have to be build again each time or it wouldn't
contain the latest packages.

Corinna

Red Hat, Inc.