Re: Cygwin commands crashes after ssh login

I've noticed this a lot.  With Windows 2000 Pro and Server, with and without
SP1, as well (so it's not the specific version of NT/2000).  I've also
noticed this when running sshd as part of inetd (running as both a specific
account & SYSTEM) and with srvany (running as both a specific account &
SYSTEM).

So far, switching back to Cygwin DLL version 1.1.5-7 is the only solution
I've found.

One thought I had after reading
http://cygwin.com/ml/cygwin/2001-01/msg00714.html was that it may be a
problem with BASH and not with Cygwin.  So, I was wondering if anyone who
_IS_ having this problem is _NOT_ using BASH as their shell in /etc/passwd.
Also, if anyone is _NOT_ having this problem and _IS_ running BASH as their
shell in /etc/passwd.  If you fall under the previous two categories, how
are you running SSHD (SRVANY, INETD, specific account, SYSTEM, CYGWIN=ntsec,
. . .).

Mike Erdely
mailto:mike@erdelynet.com
http://mike.erdelynet.com/