Re: [OT] Using cygwin to make C++ DLL's to link with MSVC++

On Tue, Jan 23, 2001 at 01:21:47PM -0500, Earnie Boyd wrote:
>David Feustel wrote:
>>MKS is now offering a package of header files and dlls that permit
>>compilation of Unix software with VS 6.  I only found out about this
>>package a few days ago so I have no experience with it.  MKS offers a
>>30-day evaluation of the software on CDROM.
>>
>>See http://www.mks.com
>
>This has nothing at all to do with Cygwin.  Please don't advertise
>proprietary software on this list.  If you want to continue to enjoy
>the Cygwin list please take my advice.

That's a little harsh, Earnie.  This was a direct request to a query.
It's actually of some interest to us here, too, since if MKS can do
this that means we can too.

As long as the discussion doesn't degenerate into a long discussion on
how to set up MKS or something, then I have no problem with this.

In fact, if someone wants to purchase this and let us know how they
managed this feat, I'd be interested in hearing about that.

cgf