Tcl pathname isssues [Re: Results for 2.97 20010115 (experimental) testsuite on i686-pc -cygwin]

On Tue, 23 Jan 2001, Earnie Boyd wrote:

> The unix version of Tcl build with Cygwin and configured with `gcc -mno-win32'.
> As a side effect, Tcl understands Cygwin paths.

Thanks Earnie for reminding me of this! I'll have to try it out and see
what happens.

The current Cygwin Tcl port's trouble with Cygwin paths/mounts is quite
fixable IMO, and it may be a matter of doing the path/name translation
in a different place than is done right now. I remember trying to fix
this a *long* time ago, but ran into a Cygwin bug in resolving relative
symlink; I belive cgf fixed when he bacame an active contributor (like
I said, it was a long time ago), but I never moved it off the back
burner.

My memory is rather shoddy on what exactly the potential fix was and
wheter it actually fixed the problem or not, but we'll cross that
bridge later.

Regards,
Mumit