Interesting words from gcc.info

The words below were written by Richard Stallman, I believe:

Reporting Bugs
**************

   Your bug reports play an essential role in making GCC reliable.

   When you encounter a problem, the first thing to do is to see if it
is already known.  *Note Trouble::.  If it isn't known, then you should
report the problem.

   Reporting a bug may help you by bringing a solution to your problem,
or it may not.  (If it does not, look in the service directory; see
*Note Service::.)  In any case, the principal function of a bug report
is to help the entire community by making the next version of GCC work
better.  Bug reports are your contribution to the maintenance of GCC.

   Since the maintainers are very overloaded, we cannot respond to every
bug report.  However, if the bug has not been fixed, we are likely to
send you a patch and ask you to tell us whether it works.

Interesting philosophy.

cgf