RE: Using cygwin to make C++ DLL's to link with MSVC++

Thanks to everyone who lent a hand.

Just to summarize what the situation is (for
future reference in case somebody asks something
similar):

1) I had software written in C++ and tested (and
working) with GNU c++ compiler
2) It wouldn't compile with MS VC++ 6.0 because
of an INTERNAL COMPILER ERROR (probably a bug
in the microsoft compiler).

Solutions:
1) compile and link DLLs with CygWin32:
	not a viable solution because of mangling
	C++ name schemes incompatibility between
	microsoft and everyone else's binary object
	formats
2) compile and link DLLs with UWin:
	not a viable solution because it implicitely
	calls CL.EXE (microsoft C++ compiler
	command line executable) which of course
	fails with its internal bug.
3) external solutions, like mks:
	not tested because
	it seems to me that they actually integrate
	a unix-like environment with CL.EXE,
	substantially similar to solution 2, already
	failed
4) follow CL.EXE error message and contact M$
technical
service
	not possible because the website for technical
	support actually consists of a list of prices:
	do we have to pay M$ to tell them their
	software have bugs?

Final recommendation:

	Dump CL.EXE, dump the whole OS, forget