Re: cd command doesn't work

At 06:16 PM 1/27/2001, Christopher Faylor wrote:
> >Don't habe ksh do test though... how comes that it is a bash
> >functionnality and not a Cygwin?
>
>Probably because Cygwin hates ksh.  I actually heard it muttering the
>other day about this, I think ("Stupid ksh.  I'll show it.  Won't
>understand MS-DOS cd commands.  Heh, heh, heh.").  I think that it has
>something to do with the fact that David Korn is the chief developer for
>U/WIN.  That's the only theory that I can come up with since Cygwin is
>usually pretty objective about its functionality, being a computer
>program and all.

I was planning on creating an "emotion subsystem" for Cygwin, kind of like
the emotion chip that was created for Data on "Star Trek - The Next
Generation."  Hopefully this will let everyone configure Cygwin's emotions
to "like" any software they choose to run.  I'll announce a beta on this
list when its available.

You'll have to put up with Cygwin's moodiness in the meantime...

PS - If you got this far with this message and you think either I or Chris are
      serious, delete this message fast and forget what you've read!