RE: awk permissions related problem - manual-entry --> awk: permission denied

Actually, I had already tried rm'ing the symbolic link and copying
gawk.exe to awk.exe, but got the same results. Then I did what I should
have done before probably. I took a close look at gawk.exe and, guess
what, it was a zero length file. My best speculation is that last time
I updated my cygwin distribution, my gawk.exe got corrupted. Anyway, I
just downloaded, built, and installed gawk. Then I created a link from
gawk to awk and my emacs "manual-entry" command is working again.
Thanks for your help.

Chuck