[ANNOUNCEMENT] Updated: cygwin-1.1.18-2, mingw-20010130-1, w32api-20010130-1

I've made a new version of the Cygwin DLL and associated utilities
available for download.  I've also updated mingw and w32api.

A partial list of what has changed is below.  If anyone who has
submitted changes that are not mentioned below wants to chime in, please
feel free.  Also, apologies if I didn't attribute your change to you.

To update your installation, click on the "Install Cygwin now" link on
the http://cygwin.com/ web page.  This downloads setup.exe to your
system.

Run setup and answer all of the questions.  PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE
choose a mirror site for your download.  The 'sources.redhat.com' (aka
cygwin.com) site is badly overloaded.  The mirrors below have the latest
version of this package:

ftp://csociety-ftp.ecn.purdue.edu/pub/cygwin/ (US)
ftp://ftp.franken.de/pub/win32/develop/gnuwin32/cygwin/mirrors/cygnus/ (Germany)
http://programming.ccp14.ac.uk/ftp-mirror/programming/cygwin/pub/cygwin/ (UK)

The setup.exe program will figure out what needs to be updated on your
system and will install newer packages automatically.

If you have questions or comments, please send them to the Cygwin
mailing list at: cygwin@cygwin.com .  I would appreciate if you would
use this mailing list rather than emailing me directly.  This includes
ideas and comments about the setup utility or Cygwin in general.

If you want to make a point or ask a question, the Cygwin mailing list
is the appropriate place.

              *** CYGWIN-ANNOUNCE UNSUBSCRIBE INFO ***

If you want to unsubscribe from the cygwin-announce mailing list, look
at the "List-Unsubscribe: " tag in the email header of this message.
Send email to the address specified there.  It will be in the format:

Christopher Faylor
Cygwin Engineering Manager (and Developer)
Red Hat, Inc.

Changes in this release:

* Lower heap size from 1.1.8-1 default of 1GB to 256MB.
  Chris Faylor

* Add RLIMIT_NLIMITS and RLIM_NLIMITS to /usr/include/sys/resource.h.
  Courtesy of Corinna Vinschen

- Fix race between serial I/O and writes.
  Courtesy of Bill Hegardt

- Improve anonymous mmap.
  Courtesy of Corinna Vinschen

- Return error when linking to existing file.
  Courtesy of Chris Faylor

- Make mount tables per-user rather than one-per-system.
  Courtesy of Chris Faylor

- Fix "cd /a/path/with/symlinks" to return the real path not the path
  with symlinks.
  Courtesy of Chris Faylor

- Export setlogmask function.
  Courtesy of Jason Tishler

- Fix handling of CTRL-Z (i.e., SIGSTOP, SIGTSTP, SIGTTOU, SIGTTIN).
  Courtesy of Chris Faylor

- Fix problem where CTRL-C stopped working after operations that used a
  pipe in bash.
  Courtesy of Chris Faylor (with good bug report from Kevin Schnitzius)

- Implement SA_RESTART -- restartable signal behavior for read and wait.
  Courtesy of Chris Faylor

- Export getrlimit and setrlimit.
  Courtesy of Corinna Vinschen

- Many changes to mingw and w32api (see the source ChangeLogs).
  Courtesy of Earnie Boyd, and other net contributors.