Re: Exception: STATUS_ACCESS_VIOLATION at eip=004C3F6F

On Wed, Jan 31, 2001 at 09:36:35PM -0800, David Highley wrote:
>When running the apell program I received the error,
>Exception: STATUS_ACCESS_VIOLATION at eip=004C3F6F
>There were also values for main and termination point on the screen.

I don't know what the "apell" program is but the error is occuring in
the program itself.

>This program has been running fine until I updated the Cygwin
>installation.  I have attached the stack dump and the portion of
>the setup.log file for the down loads that effected the running of
>this application.
>
>I did try rebuilding the application to see if there was a library
>change that might have caused the problem.

Did you try debugging the problem with gdb?

>I attempted to use the setup utility to revert to previous versions of
>each down load one at a time to try and isolate the problem, but I
>ran into troubles when I attempted this. I ended up hand editing
>the setup.ini file, removing the install and re-installing to get
>things running again.

Reverting to a previous version is not an "attempt to isolate the problem".
This is, instead, a "close your eyes and hope that someone else fixes the
problem".

cgf