glibc cross-compilation: file names problems

Hi,

I've tried to cross compile glibc from cygwin but I ran into some errors.

i've trackeed the error done to a file name problem:
Glibc uses *.oS and *.os temporary files during the build (for 's'hared
and 'S'tatic objects)

But with cygwin this files are the same, so things are not going well.

I think the only solution is to change glibc makefiles, but is this a
"classic" problem that people run into when trying to port programs to
cygwin? Is there eventually a way to force Windows to accept two
filename identical except for the case?

(please note : i'm not trying to "port" glibc for cygwin, i'm just trying
to cross compile it)

Thanks

--
Fabrice Gautier <gautier@email.enstfr>