RE: Problem w/ cygwin tar.exe: Unable to tar directories beginnin g w/ the letter 'R' in NT 4.0

At 02:23 PM 2/6/2001, Bernard Dautrevaux wrote:
> [...]

No, its not Cygwin.  If it were, other tools with this same path would have
the same problem.  They don't.  Also note that the problem is with 1
backslash:

D:\tmp\AshishCode>tar cvf file.tgz d:\tmp\AshishCode\DeProxyBridgeDependency.cpp

tar: Cannot add file d: mp\AshishCode\DeProxyBridgeDependency.cpp: No such file or directory

This bug is in tar.