Re: 1.1.7: stackdump in patch.exe

I've been fighting this same problem and can provide a bit more
information.  Incidentally, I found a report of this problem in the
mailing list archive from October, and the only suggestion was to check
that $TEMP wasn't a directory with spaces in its name.  I don't think
that's the problem.  It appears to be another line-ending issue.

If the patch file contains only linefeeds, the problem goes away.  It
also seems to occur only when the patchfile contains patches for
multiple files (perhaps patch is doing an lseek in between files??).  If
I put the patchfile containing CR/LFs in a directory mounted in binary
mode, then patch gets even more confused and prints the following
message:

Hmm...(Fascinating -- this is really a new-style context diff but
without
the telltale extra asterisks on the *** line that usually indicate
the new style...)

...and then it still crashes.

I also tried the "--binary" option but it seems to have no effect.

--
Bob Wilson                      Tel: (408) 327-7312
Tensilica, Inc.                 Fax: (408) 986-8919