NFS server

First of all thanks for the cygwin environment. It's great.

Using the sources from
ftp://fr.rpmfind.net/linux/caldera/LTP/col/install/RPMS/nfs-2.2beta50-3.i386
.rpm
and small source modifications I  generate a dog slow NFS server under
cygwin,
and it sort of works. I had to generate a rpcdll with some minor
modifications from
http://www.hirmke.de/software/develop/gnuwin32/cygwin/porters/Hirmke_Michael
/GNUWin32-links.html#sunrpc-4.0
I modified my /etc/passwd to have my login account with admin privileges on
NT 4.0
seen as root, uid=gid=0. Obviously security is null, but it is a small LAN.
When I export cygwin root, FAT filesystem, with all_squash to root my
clients see all files
-rwxr--r--, the same as I see from a local ls -l.
This means that unless I am root on the clients I cannot write on the
mounted filesystem.
In fhandler.cc the function
int fhandler_disk_file::fstat (struct stat *buf)
says that
      /* | S_IWGRP | S_IWOTH; we don't give write to group etc */
On a FAT filesystem security is always low, so maybe you could set any
writeable file to
-rwxrwxrwx
Well I could try it by myself, but I have a slow connection, and downloading
a snapshot
takes hours. Maybe if you also store CVS informations on the snapshots I may
just download
a snapshot and use it to kickstart CVS updates ...

Thanks