Re: TCSH

>On Wed, Feb 14, 2001 at 10:37:32AM +0100, Markus Hammele wrote:
>> Hi.
>>
>> I just upgraded to the new tcsh and found at least one bug:
>>
>> 1. when editing a command line the editing result is correct but display falsely,
>> after ctrl-l the displayed text changes.
>
>This happens in the windows console only, never in a terminal.
I> don't know why, currently.  Hints or patches welcome.

This version of tcsh works when editing, except that I cannot use array keys for editing.
[ ~/ ] set | grep -i version
version tcsh 6.09.00 (Astron) 1999-08-16 (i686-Microsoft-WindowsNT) options 8b,nls,dl,hb,color,nt-rev-5.44.
This one doesn't display umlauts correctly, yet I can type them and it's not a cygwin port i.e.,
I don't see mounted drives. But alltogether I downgraded to this old non-cygwin version.

>> 2. No "umlauts" can be displayed. Is this a bug or am I missing anything?
>
>It's a bug or better, it's a configure error. Thanks for the hint.
>I will upload a new tcsh which supports umlauts soon.
>
>Note: To use umlauts you _must_ set the environment variable $LANG!

Will LANG=de_DE suffice?

Markus