Re: Named pipe on Cygwin/NT?

On Thu, Feb 15, 2001 at 03:50:16PM -0500, Larry Hall (RFK Partners, Inc) wrote:
>At 02:21 PM 2/15/2001, Soren Andersen wrote:
>>REALLY sorry if this is an FAQ.
>>
>>I want to create a named pipe on WindowsNT in Cygwin and I don't know
>>how, or if.
>>
>>Could somebody post a brief example if it can be done? Or refer me to a url
>>that will explain named pipes and how they work, and what might be
>>different / gotchas on NT? My W3 searches aren't yeilding anything like
>>what I need.
>
>Hm, a search of the mail archives with the term "named pipe" turned up 80
>matches, the first 2 of which state that named pipes aren't supported in
>Cygwin.  I'm sure you can find some documentation in the MSDN which gives
>you an example of named pipes on NT.  One of the hits I got in the mail
>archives suggested this as well.

Larry, I think I'm seeing a valuable new business opportunity for you here.

The only problem that I can foresee is the inevitable "How do I contact
Larry Hall, Inc.  to have them do a mailing list search for me?" email
that will surely result when you announce your new company...

cgf
(smiley intentionally deleted due to obvious nature of this post)