Re: Gnome + winMe/98 + commericial x server?

> > OK, so since my last question helped me determine xfree86
> > isn't working yet
> > on windows 98/ME, what about if I used a commercial one?
> > Could I somehow do
> > that and still compile gnome? What would be the steps involved? Any
> > thoughts, roadblocks?

You can use commercial xservers, such as eXceed.
But, you still need XFree86 to build apps which use X libraries.

> Glib modules don't compile ootb yet, have a look at the main cygwin
> archives (search for gmodule).
>
> There is some work going on, but unless you are willing to
> a) write an esound interface to DirectSound/Windows Wavemapper
> b) get gmodules working
>
> you won't get a functional GNOME yet.
>
> b) is already under progress, but I don't think anyone is working on a)
> as yet.

You can test my glib-1.2.8 for cygwin.
gmodule works.

http://my.dreamwiz.com/jbdoll/

I'm struggling to build esound...

JBL.

P.S.)
Stefan Ondrejicka, the author of pavuk, has sent cygwin-patches for cvs glib.
You can get his patch from the gimpwin-dev mailing list.