Re: lynx-dev Lynx tries to use a weird "cp" copy program whendownloadingfiles.

Doug Kaufman wrote:

> On Tue, 20 Feb 2001, Earnie Boyd wrote:
>
> > Doug Kaufman wrote:

> > > This appears to be an old version of lynx, copiled with absolute
> > > paths for utilities (an option when compiling). There are
> > > two simple fixes. The easiest is to create the directory
> > > "/cygnus/CYGWIN~1/H-I586~1/bin", then "ln /bin/cp cp". The other is to
> > > download a non-cywin build of a recent Win32 lynx. Links to several of
> > > these are on my web site "http://www.rahul.net/dkaufman/index.html".
> >
> > Please note:  It is advised to halt all Cygwin processes before updating
> > Cygwin.  You will certainly run into problems with having Cygwin
> > processes executing while trying to update them.
>
> You lost me here. Where were we updating cygwin?

That's what http://cygwin.com/setup.exe does, updates Cygwin and the
executables using it.  You can't replace files that are open and files
that are executables are open while they are executing.

After re-reading I see that the problem is that the lynx program used
hard coded paths as they existed in previous Cygwin versions.  However,
if Lynx performs an execution of the file downloaded then my statement
stands true.

Earnie.

P.S.:  I've CC'ed the list and reset the responses there.